Ph: 02035000902 Mail :

Monday to Friday 10 AM to 6 PM

You can apply for a Standard Visitor visa if you want to visit the UK:
• for leisure, for example on holiday or to see your family and friends
• for business, or to take part in sports or creative events
• for another reason, for example to receive private medical treatment

The Standard Visitor visa has replaced the:
• Family Visitor visa
• General Visitor visa
• Child Visitor visa
• Business Visitor visa, including visas for academics, doctors and dentists
• Sports Visitor visa
• Entertainer Visitor visa
• Prospective Entrepreneur visa
• Private Medical Treatment Visitor visa
• Approved Destination Status (ADS) visa

If you visit the UK on business You can apply for a Standard Visitor visa if you want to visit the UK for business-related activities, eg:
• you’re coming to the UK for a conference, meeting or training
• you want to take part in a specific sports-related event
• you’re an artist, entertainer or musician and coming to the UK to perform
• you’re an academic and are doing research or accompanying students on a study abroad programme
• you’re a doctor or dentist and are coming to the UK to take a clinical attachment or observer post
• you want to take the Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board (PLAB) test or sit the Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE)
• you want to get funding to start, take over, join or run a business in the UK

You can do:
• take part in any of the business-related activities mentioned in the Visitor Rules
• study for up to 30 days, as long as it’s not the main reason for your visit
• take part in an exchange programme or educational visit (if you’re under 18)
• convert your civil partnership into a marriage

You can’t do:
• do paid or unpaid work
• live in the UK for long periods of time through frequent visits
• get public funds
• marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership

You can usually stay in the UK for up to 6 months.
If you can prove you need to visit the UK regularly over a longer period, you can apply for a visa that lasts 2, 5 or 10 years. You can stay for a maximum of 6 months on each visit.

If you’re under 18 years old when you apply, your long-term visit visa will only be valid for up to 6 months after you turn 18.
You must always show that:
• you’ll leave the UK at the end of your visit
• you’re able to support yourself and any dependents for the duration of your trip
• you’re able to pay for your return or onward journey and any other costs relating to your visit
• you have proof of any business or other activities you want to do in the UK, as allowed by the Visitor Rules

If you’re applying for a long-term visit visa You must prove that:
• you have a frequent and ongoing need to come to the UK
• the reason why you need to come to the UK is unlikely to change while your visitor visa is valid
• you plan to leave the UK at the end of each visit

You can stay in the UK for 12 months if you’re applying as an academic. You must prove you’re highly qualified within your field of expertise, on sabbatical leave from your home institution and visiting to either:
• take part in a formal exchange with a UK counterpart
• carry out your own research
• take part in someone else’s research, teaching or clinical practice - as long as this doesn’t involve filling a permanent teaching post

If you’re applying to visit for private medical treatment You must prove that you:
• have a medical condition that needs private consultation or treatment in the UK
• have made or paid for arrangements for consultations or treatment
• have enough money to pay for your treatment, support yourself without using public funds and pay for your return or onward journey
• will leave the UK once your treatment is completed, or when your visa expires
• are not a danger to public health if you’re suffering from an infectious disease, such as leprosy
You can only visit the UK to donate organs to:
• a family member who you’re genetically related to (for example your sibling or parent)
• someone you have a close personal relationship with (for example your spouse or friend)

You may be able to extend your visa as long as the total time you spend in the UK is less than 6 months. For example if you apply for a 3 month visa, you can apply to extend it for 3 more months.

You can apply to extend your visa for a further 6 months if you:
• have paid for any treatment you’ve already had in the UK
• can and will pay the further costs of your treatment
• continue to meet the eligibility requirements

You must also get a medical practitioner or NHS consultant who’s registered in the UK to provide:
• proof of arrangements for your private medical consultation or treatment
• a letter saying how long your treatment is likely to take
• details of the progress of your treatment, if it’s already started

You must apply while you’re still in the UK.
Our team can conduct the eligibility assessment on your case and offer the best advice to prepare and submit the visa application with end to end support. As we are authorized to legally represent your application, we can offer our professional and dedicated services to ensure the success of your visa application.

©Loyal Immigration 2015. All rights reserved Registered in United Kingdom